|Kaddu ki meethi sabzi|
Sweet pumpkin is my favourite vegetable with puri. It's from kayastha cuisine, which is influenced by mughlai and UP cuisine. The non vegetarian cuisine is influenced by mughlai while vegetarian cuisine is influenced by UP way of cooking.
- Saunf - 1 teaspoon
- Methi - 1 teaspoon
- Dhaniya powder - 2 teaspoons
- Imli paste- 1 teaspoon
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste.
- Cut pumpkin with peel in 1 inch small squared pieces.
- Heat oil in pressure pan. When oil is of smoky, add methi and saunf. Let them turn brown.
- Switch off the heat.Add dhaniya powder,salt and pinch of turmeric.
- Add a tablespoon of water. Mixwell and coat pumpkin with roasted masala.
- Cover and cook on full flame till 1 whistles is blown.
- Switch off the gas and wait for cooker to cool down.
- Check if pumpkin is cooked.
- Add imli (tamarind paste) paste and sugar.
- Cook for 3-4 min on low fire till you get the consistency of your choice.
Picture Credit: Google.