Mango, the king of fruits , is my favourite fruit. As the mango season starts, I stop taking bed tea. I rather have bed mango. I have mangoes before and after every meal and in between meals.:)!
Here is a way to keep and eat mango when the mango season is out. I hope you will also enjoy the recipe as much I enjoy. If you are not confident about the of life of your pickle, just add the preservative. It won't change the taste.
1 kg raw mangoes
2 tbs red chilli powder
¼ tsp haldi powder
½ tsp methi seeds
¼ tsp mustard
¼ tsp hing
¼ tsp kalonji
¼ cup salt
¼ cup sarson ka tel (mustard oil)
Food preservative (optional)
* Slice mangoes into small pieces after removing the skin. Mix salt and haldi.Keep aside .
* Put red chilli powder to the mangoes and mix it properly.
* Roast methi seeds and dry grind it and keep it aside.
* Heat oil in a pan, and put mustard, and hing and let it cool.
* When the above oil cools down to room temperature, mix it with the mango,salt, chilly powder , kalonji and put the roasted methi powder.
* Add a pinch of food preservative. It saves your pickel from getting spoilt from any infections.
8 Keep in sunlight for few days.....and lo, your self made achar is ready to be on your dining table..get ready to have compliments !!!!