Rajma (Red Beans)
1 cup Rajma (Red Beans);
2 small onions grounded,
2 cloves garlic,
1 piece of ginger,
paste of 3 tomatoes,
1 tsp. chili powder,
2-3 tbsp of oil,
salt to taste,
2 glasses of water.
• Pressure cook Rajma for ½ hour.
• Cut small pieces of onion, garlic, and ginger and keep aside.
• Take oil in a pan.
• Fry in oil chopped garlic, ginger, onion paste till they turn pinkish brown.
• Add tomato paste in oil and fry.
• Add chili powder and garam masala powder.Now masala paste is ready.
• Add fried masala paste to rajma in pressure cooker and boil for 15 minutes.
• Check softness of rajma before serving.
• Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Note: Soak rajma overnight or for a couple of hours before cooking to save energy and enhance taste. You can also replace rajma with canned rajma available in all supermarkets. This will save your time of boiling or soaking the beans. All you have to do is to add masala paste and boil.
Photos are taken from google only for reference.